[kde-linux] Current window title

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon May 21 09:51:36 UTC 2007

On Monday 21 May 2007, Luciano ES wrote:
> Can I get the current window's title/caption with DCOP? For example:
>
> "Current window title - KMail" - that's what I see right now.
>
> How?

Depends what exactly you are looking for.
For example getting KMail's window title (caption) works like this#

% dcop kmail kmail-mainwindow#1 caption

However it is not possible to query KWin for the currently active window, you
can only ask the window if it is the active one

% dcop kmail kmail-mainwindow#1 isActiveWindow

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring