[kde-linux] USB memory auto mounting

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Wed May 9 14:18:14 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 09 May 2007, Taymour A. El Erian wrote:
> On 5/9/07, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> > updates?  I

> > is

> > call

> > line,

> > > Tried this but it doesnt work, all it does is open a konqueror window
> > > as
> >
> > if
> >
> > > I go to system:media no mounting
> >
> > Even with a right-click on the device?  Attached is what I see.  A
> > right-click
> > on 'Floppy Drive' - assuming a disk is in the drive - brings up options
> > to mount/umount, format, open in window or tab and others, as applicable.
> > Unfortunately I can't get ksnapshot to capture it while the options
> > dialogue
> > is open :-)
> >

> This is just showin the system:, my USB is not even there. Linux detects it
> but KDE never tries to mount it

There must be a deeper problem, then.  I now have my card-reader plugged in to
USB, and it shows up as '1.0G Removable Media	0 B Unmounted Removable Media'
and from there, a right click gives mount, download images and safely remove
among the options.

The problem must be in hal and dbus, I would think, so it's really a Fedora
problem, not a kde one.  Try taking it to the Fedora Users list.

Sorry I couldn't help more.