[kde-linux] USB memory auto mounting

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Wed May 9 09:01:15 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 09 May 2007, Taymour A. El Erian wrote:
> On 5/8/07, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> > >
> > > You said you are using FC6.  Have you applied all available updates?  I
> > > seem to recall a similar problem, but it was months ago.  This box is
> > > running a fully-updated FC6. and removable memory mounts perfectly,
> > > with the choice dialogue.
> > >
> > > Anne
> >
> > If updating still doesn't set things right for you, here's a useful
> > work-around.  On your desktop create a new Link to Application and call
> > it 'Devices'.  On the Application tab of Properties, on the Command line,
> > type
> >
> > konqueror --profile devices media:/
> >
> > This should give you easy mount and umount of any devices.
> >

> Tried this but it doesnt work, all it does is open a konqueror window as if
> I go to system:media no mounting

Even with a right-click on the device?  Attached is what I see.  A right-click
on 'Floppy Drive' - assuming a disk is in the drive - brings up options to
mount/umount, format, open in window or tab and others, as applicable.
Unfortunately I can't get ksnapshot to capture it while the options dialogue
is open :-)