[kde-linux] USB memory auto mounting

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Tue May 8 20:06:40 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 08 May 2007, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 May 2007, Taymour A. El Erian wrote:
> > I removed dbus and hal rpms and deleted all the configuration and
> > installed them again and no use :(
>
> You said you are using FC6.  Have you applied all available updates?  I
> seem to recall a similar problem, but it was months ago.  This box is
> running a fully-updated FC6. and removable memory mounts perfectly, with
> the choice dialogue.
>
> Anne

If updating still doesn't set things right for you, here's a useful
work-around.  On your desktop create a new Link to Application and call
it 'Devices'.  On the Application tab of Properties, on the Command line,
type

konqueror --profile devices media:/

This should give you easy mount and umount of any devices.