[kde-linux] How to check kmail has some unread mails ?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Mar 28 11:28:41 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 28 March 2007 11:11 +0100, christophe wrote:

> The problem is that it occupies 100% cpu every minute to check if there is
> mail on kmail. Ideal would be an integrated kmail dcop call.
> I think i have already asked it somewhere but is it possible that a more
> recent kmail version supports it ?

The problem is that unreadRecursiveMessages on the object returned for
getFolder on "/Local" does not work.

Otherwise it would be just one single nested call
dcop $(dcop kmail KMailIface getFolder "/Local") unreadRecursiveMessages

> Is it kde-pim at kde.org to ask for it , if necessary ?

Better ask on kdepim-users at kde-org first (the user mailinglist)

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring