[kde-linux] K3B 1.0

Thomas Kear thomas.kear at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 22:43:19 UTC 2007

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Sunday 18 March 2007 22:05 +0100, David Baron wrote:
> > Looks really nice. 1st class release.
> >
> > In honor of k3b, I have stayed off wodim, genisofs and the other new CD
> > stuff on Debian Sid. I do not know why they won't let you keep both wodim
> > and cdrecord, for example. K3b uses cdrecord and (at least the previous
> > versions) would not work with wodim. Upgrading in Sid symlinks cdrecord
> > to wodim even though they are apparently not command-line compatable.
> >
> > So a wish-item would be for k3b to "know" the difference and work
> > accordingly. For now, I'll keep the good old stuff it knows and works
> > with.
>
> You need to file this as a wish item in the Debian Bug tracking system.
> Since they changed to their self maintained cdrecord fork, they have to
> patch K3B (and preferably submit that patch upstream, maybe they already
> have).
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Have you looked at the changelog file?

1.0
===
[...]
 * Support for Cdrkit, the Debian fork of cdrtools

It's also on the front page of k3b.org, under Release Candidate 5:
[...] The most important improvements in rc5 is the full cdrkit support (there
was no way around it) [...]

Presumably this means all necessary patching has been done.