[kde-linux] KsCD - no sound

Felix Karpfen felixk at webone.com.au
Sat Mar 10 19:46:59 UTC 2007

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 06:33:18 -0600, lostson wrote
(<200703080633.22056.lostson at lostsonsvault.org>):

> On Wednesday 07 March 2007 2:14:43 pm Felix Karpfen wrote:

SNIP

>> no sound comes from the speakers.

SNIP

>> What have I missed?  All advice will be gratefully received.
>>

>  Go into Extras --> Configure Kscd and under cdrom device select the
> appropriate device and try checking Use Direct Digital Playback thats what I
> have to do to get mine to play.

Thank you.

"Use Direct Digital Playback" made the difference!

Looks as though my version of the KsCD Manual needs updating. It
contains no reference to what "Use Direct Digital Playback" does; nor
any information on the correct entry to the "audio device". On my box
that could be left blank. On the other hand, the "audio backend" needed
to be set to "arts" (despite the fact that my sound setup is configured
to use "alsa").

Felix
--
Felix Karpfen