[kde-linux] KDE, RH 7.3

Sylviane et Perry White spwhite at freesurf.ch
Tue Mar 6 18:28:55 UTC 2007

On Monday 05 March 2007 19:57, Deosaran Bisnath wrote:
>   On a brand new computer we are trying to install KDE, RH 7.3 but so far
> unsuccessfully.
Sorry, I can't help, never tried RH and you are not providing any details.
> We have an app that was developed and running on that
> environment with gcc 2.96; we are also getting 'internal error :
> segmentation fault' when
you mean after and not when, don't you?
> compiling cpp files that were compiled without
> problems 3 years ago.
Let me make sure I understand:
for your app to work you tried to recompile it on a machine with a *different*
version of gcc (since reinstalling old RH 7.3 failed).
	*If your app uses libs make sure their version is compatible
	*with that of gcc.
> Are these problems linked?
Failing to install RH 7.3 on a machine and to compile your app on another??

Good luck		Perry

P.S. Please don't use the "reply" to submit a new question (changing the title
is not enough, to me it appears as if you replied to spalakala)
If that is unclear to you read about mail threading.
Tip: In Kontact just click on the "to" field to open a new mail.

--
BOFH excuse #329: Server depressed, needs Prozac