[kde-linux] bash variables and KDE

John Meyer john.l.meyer at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 16:06:48 UTC 2007

Maybe this is a newbie question and maybe this doesn't belong here, but
is there anyway to define bash variables so that KDE can use them as
directions when you fire up the Alt-F2 box?  For instance, if I have a
directory ScriptsToCrit, rather than having to refer to it as
/home/jmeyer/Documents/ScriptsToCrit on the command line, or even
$HOME/Documents/ScriptsToCrit, can I define $SCRIPTS as
"/home/jmeyer/Documents/ScriptsToCrit" and have it stay so it will
expand and pull up the right directory?