[kde-linux] KDE and gamin (gam_server) question.

Mark London mrl at psfc.mit.edu
Tue Jun 26 19:08:11 UTC 2007

What happens to KDE if one disables GAMIN polling to one's home
directory?  We run workstations with NFS servered home directories, and
once in a long while we have encountered a problem with gam_server
taking up lots of CPU.  For example, today the NFS server was rebooted
and 2 workstations encountered problems that required rebooting them.
I've read that one can tell GAMIN not to poll NFS disks, but will this
break anything in KDE?  Thanks. - Mark