[kde-linux] FlashPlayer9 for Konqueror

Steve O'Neill soneill at netaxs.com
Fri Jun 8 15:14:04 UTC 2007

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007, Frank K wrote:

> Thank you Scott,
> Your instructions worked perfectly. For others interested, I only
> installed the Adobe RPM as root. That action put libflashplayer.so into
> /usr/lib/firefox/plugins/. Selecting konqueror>Settings>Plugins>New
> already had the path /usr/lib/firefox/plugins/ as a selection. With that
> path highlighted, the selection of "Search for new plugins" completed
> the installation. The URL http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/
> confirmed the flashplugin installation.
> Frank K

As another datapoint, I also downloaded the Adobe RPM and installed it on my
Mandriva system, also as root.  However, it was installed in
/usr/lib/flash-plugin and was thus not seen by Firefox 2, my default browser.
However, simply going to the firefox/plugins directory and making a link to
/usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so worked perfectly.  Firefox sees the
plugin and runs fine with it.  My only question is: why does Flash wind up in
different places?  Are there multiple versions of the RPM at Adobe?

S.