[kde-linux] Font problem with KDE 3.5.2 under Debian/Knoppix (German, Maltese, Chinese)

Stefan Müller Stefan.Mueller at cl.uni-bremen.de
Fri Jun 1 10:51:54 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have a font problem: I use a KDE application to display text in
Chinese, German, and Maltese.

The fonts are installed (java, emacs, and TCL/TK correctly display the
characters of all three languages), but I do not manage to find a setup
that allows me to display Chinese, German, and Maltese with one single
font setting.

First I had problems with Chinese too, but the Knoppix support told me
to use Sans Serif or Monospace. With these two fonts Chinese and German
are displayed correctly, however the special characters from Maltese
(ġħżċ) come out as boxes. When I use helvetica these characters are
displayed correctly.

Can somebody explain to me how this works and what I can do about it?

Under SuSE I use Sans Serif and Maltese comes out fine.

Thank you very much

	Stefan

--
Stefan Müller

Universität Bremen/Fachbereich 10      Tel: (+49) (+421) 218-8601
Postfach 33 04 40
D-28334 Bremen

http://www.cl.uni-bremen.de/~stefan/

http://www.cl.uni-bremen.de/~stefan/Babel/Interaktiv/