[kde-linux] Connecting to a samba share at startup

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 30 12:24:56 UTC 2007

On Monday 30 Jul 2007, Wilhelm Meier wrote:
> Am Montag, 30. Juli 2007 12:10 schrieb Sascha Hlusiak:
> > > How can I ensure that I connect to my home directory on a server, when
> > > I log in to a session?  Thanks
> >
> > If you mean mounting the home of a server to your /home/blah directory,
> > see pam_mount.
>
> or pam_cifs
>
> and don't forget the "serverino" flag if using kde.

All this is very new to me.  The mounting from a shell script in env sounds
very much simpler.  Perhaps I could expand this query into something related,
in practical terms, at least.  I have /Data/ on a separate partition, owned
anne:users.  I use rsync a good deal for moving copies as backups.  These are
in some cases between /home/anne and /Data, and sometimes between /home/anne
and the server box.  I seem to be unable to get the script to transfer copies
from /Data to my home directory on the server.  Does this need a similar
treatment?