[kde-linux] I can't raise up the volume level

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 28 16:50:49 UTC 2007

On Saturday 28 July 2007 17:32:40 Joaquim BernĂ  i Torres wrote:
> gpgkeys: key D1E03587F4037646 not found on keyserver
> I've installed Mandriva 2007.1 with KDE 3.5.6 and I can't get more than
> a 1/4 volume level I've got elsewhere with other distros & KDE releases.
>
> When I try to set higher the volume levels by Kmenu -> System ->
> Configuration -> Monitorize -> Sound
> A dialog ask to run esd in konsole but I don't know how. This is the
> output:

<snip>

In a user console, run alsamixer.  Move around and adjust with the arrow
keys.  'M' toggles mute.  You can usually see from this whether one channel
is low and affecting all the others.  If you can get the result you want,
quit alsamixer and run 'alsactl store'.  In theory it should by default save
the value that you had when you shut down.  By doing the store command you
have something it can restore to, if it doesn't have a shutdown save.  HTH