[kde-linux] KDE 3.5.5, Small browserfonts, too small

Maximilian maxmadmax at web.de
Sat Jul 21 18:04:34 UTC 2007

Am Samstag 21 Juli 2007 16:30 schrieb Nir:
> Maximilian B. Rost wrote:
> > KDE 3.5.5 Debian Etch Nvidia 5200 FX Iceweasel/firefox 2.0.0.4
> > 1152x864 at 85 Hz
> >
> > On some Websites (www.t-online.de) the fonts within the
> > browser-window are terribly small. I tried to change the fontsize in
> > iceweasel (properties,settings) also with minimum fontsize and also
> > in kcontrol (arial, 12pt), gtk fonts.
> >
> > No matter what I do, the fonts stay small. Only turning the
> > mouse-whell (strg +  wheel) makes them bigger
> >
> > Do I have the wrong KDE-settings or is it in iceweasel, but where?
> >
> > Seems to be iceweasel, because konqueror is okay.
>
> In Firefox , goto Edit>Preferences>Content>(Font & Colors)Advanced.
> Set 'Minimum font size' same as 'Size'
> Uncheck 'Allow pages to choose their own fonts ....above' option.
> Restart Firefox.
>
> You may see this setting "http://tinyurl.com/29x393"

Thank you for showing me the settings. The www.t-online.de does not bother my
settings. The fontsize is okay now, but the frames in the middle-part do not
correspond to the text. Further more it reports unknown browser.

Felix Miata wrote interesting comments - see thread.

I followed his advice and sent a mail!

Greetings

Max