[kde-linux] Konqueror 3.4.2: Enabling JavaScript only locally

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 18:34:39 UTC 2007

I'm attempting to write some JavaScript programs.  I would like to set up
Konqueror so it will run only local JavaScript (i.e., for html pages loaded
from my computer).  (I get too many problems when JavaScript is enabled
globally--too many websites that apparently use bad JavaScript, or JavaScript
which konqueror 3.4.2 can't handle.)

I've experimented with the following (in the Settings -> Configure Konqueror
-> JavaScript -> Domain Specific -> Host/Domain box):

127.0.0.1
192.168.0.14
s14
s14.home (my local host/domain name, in my /etc/hosts file--I don't run a
local nameserver)
localhost
file:/
file://
file:///
file:///rhk
file:///rhk/askRhk
file:///rhk/askRhk/javascript_test.html (the full path to my html file which
includes the javascript)
file:///s14
/
/rhk

I've tried some Googling (like for [konqueror javascript local])--the question
was asked but not answered on the kde-nonlinux list.

Randy Kramer