[kde-linux] Exporting mails from kmail

Peter Humphrey prh at gotadsl.co.uk
Sat Jul 7 08:54:32 UTC 2007

On Thursday 05 July 2007 10:17, Kevin Krammer wrote:

> There is a nice tool for manipulating KDE programs' config files:
> kwriteconfig The above change would be achieved like this
>
> % kwriteconfig --file kmailrc --group General --key
> folders "/path/to/newmaildir"

I've decided to stick with kmail, but on a fresh installation on another
disk. Is this tool likely to help me with the rest of the job of moving to
a new setup? The program imported the mail files nicely, but what about all
the other things? Filters, expiry times, signatures, identities and so on?

I tried copying the [Filter #n] sections from the old kmailrc to the new
one, but that had no effect so I restored the previous kmailrc. I don't
want to copy the whole file because kmail was not threading properly and
I'd rather start afresh - but what a lot of labour!

--
Rgds
Peter.