[kde-linux] Show menu title in main panel

Boyan Tabakov blade.alslayer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 11:12:25 UTC 2007

On Friday 06 July 2007 13:59:09 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 06 July 2007 11:34:25 santana at email.it wrote:
> > Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > It's a busy week for kde folks, so have patience :-)
> > >
> > > Have you tried right-click on the taskbar, then Add Applet to Panel?
> > > System Menu and Settings menu can be added from there.  Add Application
> > > to Panel will give you the option to add the Multimedia menu.
> > >
> > > Anne
> >
> > Thank you very much for your reply Anne.
> >
> > I did it. I added many menu on main panel but my problem is that I have
> > menu icon on main panel but I want menu _text_ instead of icon. Is it
> > possible?
>
> If I remember correctly that's done by setting an option in kmenueditor
>
> Anne

There is an option to display the description of an item, but no option to
display just icon/text. Besides that is about entries in the menu, and as far
as I can understand the question, Santana is talking about the appearance of
the buttons on the panel. Just like gnome has text there
saying "Applications", "Blabla", etc...

The place I thought I should look for such an option was the Configure Button
context menu item of a panel button. Yet, it offers only the option to change
the icon and not add text representation.

There is an option that does exactly what Santana wants but only to Toolbar
buttons (Control Center -> Appearance And Themes -> Style -> Toolbar Tab.
This seems to have no effect to panel buttons (even after restart of kicker).

--
Blade hails you...

Forever shall the wolf in me desire the sheep in you
                                         --Nightwish