[kde-linux] Kwallet help

Jim Philips briarpatchkid at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 26 23:23:36 UTC 2007

On Friday 26 January 2007 12:09:00 pm Eugene Nine wrote:
> I have used Kwallet to store a couple passwords which were not web sites so
> they are in the other section.  Since then I have upgraded KDE to 3.5.4 and
> now when I open the wallet and try to view those passwords it tells me they
> are binary data and can't be displayed. Is there a way to export these ot
> see them somehow?

If you have Kwallet open you can just restore the program window, click on the
wallet and expand form data. Expand maps and then click on any URL. In the
panel on the right, there should be a checkbox that says "show values". If
you check it, it should show the password for that URL. If it's a program,
when you expand the tree, there will be a line for passwords. Click on it and
the window on the right will have a button that says "Show Contents".
Clicking on that should give you the password for that program.