[kde-linux] Shutting down just goes to login screen (was Re: KDE)

Boyan Tabakov blade.alslayer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 21:49:58 UTC 2007

On 23.1.2007 22:55, david wrote:
> > Threading is wonderful. It only takes a second to use it right
> > and make life easier for everyone.
>
> Doesn't make any difference to me. Sorting by subject is something that
> everyone (regardless of mail client) can see and intuitively understand.
> Threading by some geeky numeric value that most mail clients DON'T EVEN
> DISPLAY is not.

Can I get to throw a tomato?! Please!... Just joking:)

Anyway - what you say here might be true for you. Maybe not only for you, but
for some more people out there, as you say. But here you also have a mailing
list that at least has to be organized in terms of structure. Imagine someone
searching through the archives and the thread that answers his/hers question
is not actually a thread but a mere reply to something completely irrelevant
to the subject?

Now if this was a forum (oh, I am glad it is not), a moderator could easily
move the thread. But that is not the case with a mailing list. So the only
way to cope with the potential problem is to encourage people to hit the
right button.

Besides - sorting by name will get you nowhere.. dates get messed up and you
are welcome to try to find a mail sent esterday in that pile. So don't
question the intuitiveness of threads (many thanks to KMail for the great
support). At least not when you are not the only person affected...

--
Blade hails you...

In my world
Love is for poets