[kde-linux] Kopete

Matt Seitz seitz at neopathnetworks.com
Thu Jan 11 17:54:19 UTC 2007

Keith Powell wrote:
> Thank you very much for your excellent and detailed instructions on
> compiling the SVN version of Kopete.
>
> Unfortunately, I have come to a halt part way through!
>
> In item4, you say:
> make -f Makefile.cvs
>
> Unfortunately, this gives me an error message:
> AUTOCONF not found. KDE requires autoconf 2.53 or newer.
>
> But autoconf 2.59-12 is installed in FC6.
>
> Sorry to trouble you, but how do I get out of this, please?

Unfortunately, I don't know.  I've never tried compiling the SVN version myself.
  I've only compiled the 0.12.2 tarball release.  My instructions were based on
a combination of my experience compiling the tarball version, and the
instructions I found here for compiling the SVN version:

http://kopete.kde.org/svnaccess.php

The "make -f Makevfile.cvs" command is only used for building the SVN version.
I didn't have to run that command to build from the tarball version.

--
Sincerely,
Matthew Seitz