[kde-linux] Kopete

David J Iannucci xqryvahkzy at punchcutter.ml1.net
Thu Jan 11 00:38:43 UTC 2007

> Like Anne, I am having big problems with Kopete.
>
> I can get the webcam picture in Kopete, but I can't get it to send
> video to a contact, or receive a picture from them.

Just to add my voice here... I'm having a similar problem, and I believe
it is with Kopete 0.11.1.  If I go into settings, I can see the image
coming from my camera, but I cannot get any kind of image from the
opposite party, nor can they see mine (using MSN).

I have gotten the source for Kopete 0.12.2 and built it (apparently the
latest - someone was saying 0.12.3 was out, but I can find no mention of
it anywhere).  I have yet to test this build, but I have a hunch it
won't do any better than 0.11.1.  If anyone can provide hints as to how
to get an actual video chat going, it will prevent me having to beg for
help again later on the same topic :-)

Thanks,
Dave