[kde-linux] Cannot re-install Firefox

Jes Hall jhall at kde.org
Thu Jan 4 11:08:38 UTC 2007

On Thursday 04 January 2007 21:06, S J Clement wrote:
> I have tried the Menu updating --> Scan and am told that it found 27
> applications.  Firefox is not one of them.  Using Menu edit I have
> determined that the KDE menu entry for Firefox is essentially the same as
> for Mozilla and other programs which run.  What am I not doing?

In order to properly understand what is happening, can you tell me what
happens when you try to run /usr/bin/firefox from a terminal program like
konsole?

If this does not work, please post the output. If it does work, then please
tell us exactly what the menu entry has in it. It's a bit hard
troubleshooting from a distance :)

> And don't tell me, as some idiot on #KDE on freenode did, to change
> distributions.

While I agree that is not a terribly good solution, calling people who try to
help you idiots even if they are misguided isn't likely to endear you to the
rest of us.

Regards,

Jes Hall

--
KDE Frequently Asked Questions:
http://docs.kde.org/en/HEAD/kdebase/faq/

panic("esp_handle: current_SC == penguin within interrupt!");