[kde-linux] How do I set the default sound card?

Jes Hall jhall at kde.org
Wed Jan 3 06:16:07 UTC 2007

On Sunday 31 December 2006 05:53, Ronny Standtke wrote:
> So, how do I configure KDE to always use the on-board soundcard!?

I believe the better way of doing this may be to use something like udev rules
to ensure that your sound card devices always end up with the same device
names. I do not believe that KDE is capable of choosing a default sound card
using any other criteria than which /dev/*** it is.

If you're interested, I can find you some good resources on writing udev
rules.

Regards,

Jes Hall

--
KDE Frequently Asked Questions:
http://docs.kde.org/en/HEAD/kdebase/faq/

panic("esp_handle: current_SC == penguin within interrupt!");