[kde-linux] kde kwin/beryl

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Wed Feb 28 13:59:06 UTC 2007

I installed beryl, compiz, aquamarine and emerald as my windows manager. My
wife doesn't like it so I want to be able to remove it. When I try to just
uninstall all those beryl-core,beryl-manager, compiz, aquamarine and emerald
I lose my window frames. the window icons for maximize,minimize, and close
all disappear.
when I run
kwin --replace
my "normal windo appears, but the old one comes back when I log on again.
I'm running SUSE 10.2, KDE 3.5.6 rel. 31.3 .
I looked in the KDE.org docs, but I didn't see any mention of how to use kwin
or to manage the windows manager files..
any how-to's or docs I can look at ??

thanks
--
Paul Cartwright