[kde-linux] KDE not using fonts from remote Xfs font server

Raimund Eimann raimund at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Thu Feb 22 08:37:45 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to get KDE to recognise fonts provided by a remote Xfs font server.

In netstat, I can see the connection to the font server, that looks fine:

calypso:/etc # netstat -t |grep font
tcp        0      0 calypso.busy-byte:51926 cheetah.bu:font-service
ESTABLISHED

Also, xfontsel lists fonts provided by the server. So I assume the changes I
made on the server side to /etc/X11/fs/config and on the client side
in /etc/X11/xorg.conf are fine.

However, KDE-based applications appear not to be aware of the server-provided
fonts...

Googling for "Xfs KDE" (without the qoutes) did not yield clues. Did anyone
here run into this problem (server: openSuSE 10.0, client: openSuSE 10.2)?

Cheers,
Raimund