[kde-linux] Processing Dependency: kdebase-config-needed >= 3.5 for package: kde-config-kdebase

Blair Kifade bkifade at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 14 15:32:03 UTC 2007

Rex Dieter <rdieter <at> math.unl.edu> writes:

> Allan Clearwaters wrote:
>
> > The error
> >
> > Processing Dependency: kdebase-config-needed >= 3.5 for package:
> > kde-config-kdebase
> >
> > appears when I try to take the latest kde update via yum.  I am running
> > fc6
> > and kde 3.5.5.  Any ideas?
>
> My bad, not getting the Obsoletes right when renaming kde-config-kdebase to
> kde-config-kdm, to fix, do this:
>
> $ yum install kde-config kde-config-kdm kdelibs kdebase
>
> then do your usual upgrade operation(s).
>
> (Or wait until later today when I can push some fixed pkgs to the repos)

Hey, Thanks, Rex!!!

Since ClamScan is likely to continue running on the affected machine for
several more hours, I probably won't be able to work on this until tonight or
tomorrow.  One question:  If I do

> $ yum install kde-config kde-config-kdm kdelibs kdebase

will that leave me with two levels of kde-config, kdelibs, and kdebase
installed?  If so, is that dangerous?  Or will the subsequent groupupdate
automatically clean that up?

Regards,
Blair