[kde-linux] disappearing panel

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Feb 12 23:54:18 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 13 February 2007 00:46, Colin J Thomson - G6AVK wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Monday 12 February 2007 6:50:30 am mike wrote:
> > I have this strange problem. The panel is set up to hide automatically.
> > And it does, but occasionally it does not reappear when I move the mouse
> > to the bottom of the screen.
>
> I have seen this for sometime now but have not bug reported it as it is
> hard to reproduce, I normally just switch Desktops and this pops up the
> panel again so I can then "Configure Panel" much like you do to get it
> working.

I can also confirm to have this seens sporadically and I can't find any
pattern either.
Is any of you using a second panel, e.g. I have a child panel on the top edge
of the screen.

I'll usually

$ dcop kicker kicker restart

but I'll try

$ dcop kicker kicker configure

next time, since your reports indicate this works as well.

> I have wondered if it was related somehow to bug #122312 which is
> reproducible here and the same "fix" above fixes that.

I'd say this is unrelated.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring