[kde-linux] disappearing panel

mike mikeumo at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 12 06:50:30 UTC 2007

Hello --

I have this strange problem. The panel is set up to hide automatically. And it
does, but occasionally it does not reappear when I move the mouse to the
bottom of the screen.  I have been able to "resurrect" the panel by launching
kcenter from an incidentally open terminal window. There, I would simply go
to configuring panel, click OK, and the panel would start functioning
normally. However, it happened, that the panel disappeared and i had no
terminal windows open. Restart did not solve the problem. So, i cannot launch
anything (from k menu) because the panel does not show up.

Can someone help me, please, to get the panel back and solve the problem with
its occasional disappearing.

Thank you in advance,

Mike