[kde-linux] Removing window decorations and switching desktop

Russel Hill russh347 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 16:18:26 UTC 2007

Sorry about posting this with no subject, ... and for the extra post.

I have an application running in which a KDE app needs to be launched
by another application. This is a kiosk style touch screen application
with no keyboard. I want to remove the window decorations (border &
title bar) is there a way to do this programmatically  as the app is
launched? If so, how?

The other stumbling block I have is that I want to launch the apps on
a specific virtual desktop. Can this also be done programmatically as
the app is launched?

Since this is a kiosk style touch screen app with no 'mouse', there
will be no right-clicking or keyboard shortcuts (just a touch screen).