[kde-linux] kde4 help

Jim Philips philips_jim at bellsouth.net
Sun Dec 16 16:29:56 UTC 2007

Kevin Krammer wrote:
> - currently the only way to get plasmoids onto a panel is directly dragging
> them from the "add applet" dialog to the panel. However, relocating (e.g.
> moving from panel to desktop or vice versa) is one of the core concepts if
> the Plasma and will probably be available soon.

I'm not clear on how you do that. How do I get to the "add applet" dialog?

I have another problem. The strigidaemon regularly takes up to 70% of my
CPU resources. Are other users seeing this? It certainly negates any of
the other efficiencies gained in KDE4. Strigi was doing this to me in
KDE3 too, which was why I stopped using it. But it seems to be required
for KDE4.