[kde-linux] kde4 help

Paul Kaplan pkaplan1 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 16 12:39:24 UTC 2007

A few questions about kde4 (rc2)

Is there any documentation?  The help menu seems to bring me to the 3.5 doc.

Where does one configure the panel (plasma?)?  What about other aspects of the
wm?  The default config takes up too much screen real estate and I'd still
like to move some desktop widgets to some kind of system tray.  Does the
panel autohide?  Can you make multiple panels?

Can you put icons on the Desktop?  It seems like a lot of unused space.

What's with the widgets?  The default is huge.  Can they be resized (smaller)?
What about alternative bitmaps?  Are there widget repositories yet?

Overall it seems there's a lot of potential to make work easier and enhance
the user experience, but you're largely stuck with the defaults.  Where to
experiment?

Paul