[kde-linux] After installing Debian, running programs don't appear in Taskbar

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Dec 4 22:10:51 UTC 2007

This is a reinstall - my many-years-old Debian installation had
accumulated a lot of cruft and reacted very badly to a recent Xorg
update. So I installed Debian Etch with KDE 3.5.5. Since then, no
running programs appear on the taskbar, either as tiles, or as the
little tray icons that Kopete and SMB4K use.

While I can live without programs appear on the task bar, SMB4K and
Kopete are pretty useless without their little icons.

How to get them back?

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com