[kde-linux] konqueror suddenly vanishing (kernel with cfs) "konqueror: Fatal IO error: client killed"

Markus lists4me at web.de
Fri Aug 31 13:03:34 UTC 2007

Hi!

I noticed a problem when I tried the cfs patch and this problem still
persists in the 2.6.23 development.
After some time programs just vanish (no messagebox or the
crash-manager...). Sometimes its kwin, kicker, kmail, amarok, but with
konqueror I can reproduce it best. (I just start a dozen konquerors and
browse the web, then after some time one app is vanishing... idle will
not work so fast...)

I already asked on the lkml and some things already have been tried and
analyzed.

http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/7/14/60

But currently its stuck, so I ask for help to debug it.

Unfortunately I dont get any "simple" app to vanish.

Its a stable amd64 gentoo system with a 3.5.7 kde build with gcc 4.1.2.
Some more infos can be found on the lkml, or just ask ;)

   Markus