[kde-linux] Why is gvim ONLY app which does not behave?

Bernard Barton bfb21 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 30 22:02:58 UTC 2007

I just upgraded to Fedora 7, with KDE 3.5.7.  Everything looks great
EXCEPT for gvim!  This includes all of the GTK based apps I've run.
But gvim would not maximize correctly until I in the KDE Control Center
under "Window behavior" I checked "Allow moving and resizing of maximized
windows".  Now I can maximize the window, but it's larger than the screen
area.  Good grief.  Before checking this option, If I tried to maximize
gvim,
it would just bounce back to about 85% maximized position.  I also tried to
set the geometry in gvim's window menu in the "Special window settings"
dialog, but still the window would not maximize.  Anyone have any idea
why gvim doesn't want to play nicely with KDE?

-Thanks