[kde-linux] [left]-alt-tab and [right]-alt-tab unpleasantly different

sc toothpik at swbell.net
Sat Aug 25 19:19:28 UTC 2007

kde ppl--

i am a (relatively) recent convert to linux with more
experience on windows -- using windows i got in the habit of
using alt-tab to cycle between applications

i have a keyboard (made by ibm) that has two alt keys -- i
call them [left]-alt and [right]-alt

i am running a kde desktop on suse 10.2

[left]-alt-tab cycles through all running applications on the
current desktop, as one would expect, but [right]-alt-tab
cycles back and forth between the last two running
applications only (on the current desktop)

to me it is a useless restriction of [right]-alt-tab because
[left]-alt-tab gets you to the previous window, just as the
right one does if you press it only once

i would like to make the [right]-alt-tab behave the same as
the left one, as [right]-alt-tab is the key combination that
i've become used to over the years

i know about the shortcuts section in kcontrol, but unless
there is some way to use it not apparent to me, the only key
i can program in there is alt-tab, with no distinction
between left and right

any help will be appreciated

--
sc