[kde-linux] Kicker freeze with Wireless + batteries on a Laptop

Pat paganwolf at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 23:14:52 UTC 2007

Hi all, here my little annoying problem:

Kicker freeze on wireless connection

Situation:

While going out to connect to internet via wireless, kicker freeze
randomly (didn't notice real pattern). We can launch application via the
run command (right click on the desktop), or use the icon. Only the
kicker is frozen.

Parameter always present:

PCMCIA card trendnet via ndiswrapper.
kontact (Kmail module).
laptop running on batteries.
Kicker unfreeze when the computer re-plugged
Wireless network device properties applet

As i described. The problem strike randomly when we go out to use
internet. the computer can be previously connected via local network and
in some other time it wasn't linked the local network (cabled). We
suspected kWallet at a point but the problem remained but on a less
frequently basis. Instead of 100% of time this is +- 5% of the time now.

Laptop config:

IBM A31
CPU Intel M 1.9 MHZ
512 RAM