[kde-linux] KDE does not load

Sylviane et Perry White spwhite at freesurf.ch
Sun Aug 19 16:39:37 UTC 2007

On Saturday 18 August 2007 17:31, sameer rahmani wrote:
> Hi
>   at last i compiled the KDE3.5.7 successfuly but when i login to it i see
> the 3.5.5 version again. i compile the 3.5.7 version in /home/
> user/usr/kde-build
>   and i export KDEDIR KDEDIRS PATH env variables . i export another env
> variable the refer to place of lib file like this export (i dont remember
> its naem)=$KDEDIR\lib
>
>   help me please

Hi,

If I got it properly it is the Kernel you compiled, then the "export" stuff
comes too late.
First the bootloader (Lilo? Grub?) has to point to the right place for booting
on your new system.
Not being an expert I cannot help you for that.
I hope hou have a rescue cd to access your files in case something goes wrong
when you modify the bootloader or the content of /boot.

Greetings		Perry

--
BOFH excuse #366: ATM cell has no roaming feature turned on, notebooks can't
connect