[kde-linux] Knetwork Computer List Truncation

Merton Campbell Crockett m.c.crockett at roadrunner.com
Sat Aug 18 02:46:47 UTC 2007

Knetwork constructs a list of all known Active Directory and NT
domains, workgroups, and SMB or CIFS systems that are visible on a
network.  Under SuSE Linux there is an icon for this in the KDE
desktop.  Mac OS X appears to use a variant of this in its Finder
application.

The problem that we run into on our corporate network is that the
list for the Active Directory domain is always truncated.  I'm not
sure why someone thought it would be "good" to have all 56 sites in
the same domain.

Is there a way to make the "table" used to maintain this list larger
so that the entire list of systems in visible and can be searched?

Or better yet, as most of the systems are of no interest, is there a
way to filter the list to include only local systems?

Merton Campbell Crockett
m.c.crockett at roadrunner.com