[kde-linux] Konqueror 300 char limit when " éèà "

Sylviane et Perry White spwhite at freesurf.ch
Sun Aug 12 14:57:40 UTC 2007

On Saturday 11 August 2007 14:21, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Saturday 11 August 2007, Sylviane et Perry White wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I took me a while to figure that out.
> >
> > Unless the file name has a .txt extension, Konqueror finds "unknown file
> > type" for a plain text file that contains both the following :
> > 1) A paragraph of more than 300 characters between linefeeds.
> > 	(actually bytes, "é" counts for 2)
> > 2) An accentuated character anywhere on the page.
> > 	(probably also other special characters)
>
> Which encoding has the file been saved in?
>
> Which type does the commandline tool "file" report?
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Thanks for answer

Adept_apt3 (612 B)		shows a "unknown file type" in Konc
					and contains a single "é"
$ file Adept_apt3
Adept_apt3: UTF-8 Unicode text, with very long lines

Adept_apt4 (610 B)		is the same file with that "é" removed,
					Konc says Plain Text File
$ file Adept_apt4
Adept_apt4: ASCII text, with very long lines

From experiments I conclude a "very long line" has more than 300 bytes and
Konc has a bug with "UTF-8 Unicode text, with very long lines"

Perry

--
BOFH excuse #272: Netscape has crashed