[kde-linux] k3b creates unreadable data DVD

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Sat Aug 11 08:54:26 UTC 2007

On Saturday, 11. August 2007, Rod Butcher wrote:
> I finally caught up with the 21st century and upgraded from a CD to a
> DVD burner. I burned a data DVD but I can't read what's on it - the
> directory structures are all there, and all the files taking up the
> correct amount of space, but I get an error trying to read the files on
> the DVD. Using the same k3b settings I can create and read back data CDs
> fine.
> any suggestions ?
> thanks
> Rod

Hello,

What are your burning settings (DVD format, writing mode, file system,
Multisession mode)? I'd guess the solution is hidden there. In particular
I've experience problems reading multisession DVDs with Linux and I don't
know why the last versions of K3b seem to default to "auto" while older ones
defaulted to "no multisession".

Possible other infos to help debug your problem: Drive model, DVD type (are
you using RW?). Are your DVDs to be read in other machines?

Regards,

Thierry