[kde-linux] I can't raise up the volume level

Ernie Schroder schroder at ntplx.net
Fri Aug 3 00:53:14 UTC 2007

On Thursday 02 August 2007, a tiny voice compelled Ernie Schroder to write:
> On Saturday 28 July 2007, a tiny voice compelled Joaquim BernĂ  i Torres to
>
> write:

> > > <snip>
> > >
> > > In a user console, run alsamixer.  Move around and adjust with the
> > > arrow keys.  'M' toggles mute.  You can usually see from this whether
> > > one channel is low and affecting all the others.  If you can get the
> > > result you want, quit alsamixer and run 'alsactl store'.  In theory it
> > > should by default save the value that you had when you shut down.  By
> > > doing the store command you have something it can restore to, if it
> > > doesn't have a shutdown save.  HTH
> > >
> > > Anne

> > Thanks again Anne!
> >
> > alsactl store is not recognized. Nevertheless sounds levels are ok again.
>
> Try:
>  sudo /usr/sbin/alsactl store
> I need root permission to store mixer settings.

I should add that to check if mixer values are stored, run alsamixer again and
adjust a slider or 2 from where it was when you did:
sudo /usr/sbin/alsactl store
close alsamixer and do:
sudo /usr/sbin/alsactl restore
Run alsamixer again and your sliders should be back where you had originally
set them.

> > Best regards!

Regards, Ernie