[kde-linux] The Good Ol' Automake Autoheader Problem

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Mon Apr 30 12:53:44 UTC 2007

Whenever I need to run make -f Makefile.cvs or when I want to build a new
configure in kdevelop, this comes up too often.

KDE requires autoheader 2.53 or newer, but I am using 2.6 !!
Sometimes, I have gone into that admin sh file and simply removed all the
tests and had it run just fine.
I have also made audmake and autoconf and autoheader symlinks and then set to
the newer and older versions as required but automake is now up to 1.7 so
between 1.5 and 1.6 I cannot do this any more.

There has to be a better way.