[kde-linux] Sound over ssh?

Boyan Tabakov blade.alslayer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 17:04:01 UTC 2006

On 27.9.2006 19:02, Blues Renegade wrote:
> Work computer:
>
> 1. Does your uni-terminal have access to an ssh client?
>
>     Try entering: which ssh <Enter>
>                           whereis ssh <Enter>
>
>     Or simply try running ssh with the help option, by entering: ssh -h
> <Enter>
>
> Home computer:
>
> 1. Do you have the SSH Daemon running? (most likely, do)
>
>     To look for it, use a console window and enter:
>
>          ps -ef | grep 'sshd' <Enter>
>
> Hope that helps, for starters!

Heh, the guy already told that he was using ssh server. So I thinks he knows
all you've written...

As for connecting to arts, I am not 100% sure, but I think arts clients use
unix domain sockets to connect to the server, and unfortunately those are not
forwardable with ssh tunnel. Maybe there is nother way?
Anyway, why don't you just download the music you need to play and play it
locally? It would save trouble.
If you need it streaming, then you can set up an apache http server on your
home computer and give it access to your music folder. To play the music,
simply open a link to the audio file with amarok.

--
Blade hails you...

It's the honesty of these worlds
Ruled by magic and mighty swords