[kde-linux] Grub fails to load after non-proper shutdown

Boyan Tabakov blade.alslayer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 08:48:16 UTC 2006

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 08:15:43AM +0200, Etienne.Hilson at alcatel.be wrote:
> For my point of view, when sometimes I have to shutdown my computer like this,
> grub take a looong time to load, and even when loaded, the kernel also need a
> long time, and finally of course, when it mounts the filesystem, it take a
> longer time than normally.
>
> You just have to be patient for grub to load, for me it takes something like
> one minute instead of 1 second, but it finally loads.

Never waited that long:) I'll try if it mounts fine and replays the log.
By the way, anyone knows how to make fsck.reiserfs only replay the journal and
skipp all other checks? I didn't see such option in the man. Now I simply
ctrl+c it after replaying the journal (the check is read only so no prolem
should happen).

--
Blade hails you...

Old love lies deep you said