[kde-linux] making pages smaller

John Andersen jsa at pen.homeip.net
Sun Sep 24 21:18:14 UTC 2006

On Sunday 24 September 2006 06:36, Scott Berry wrote:
> My father who is new to Kde wants to make his pages smaller.  He says that
> you can't see the botom of the page and he is using Fedora Core 5.  Any
> help would be appreciated.  You may contact me or him at
> oldtimer2003 at hotmail.comm.
>
> Scott Berry

Sounds like he is running at less than the highest resolution his machine is
set up for, which makes the window manager show just a portion of the display.
(This is a FEATURE not a bug).

Usually moving the mouse to top/bottom of screen will scroll the window so
that you can see the other portions.

To return to full screen mode...
Ctrl-Alt Plus (on the numeric pad) or Ctrl-Alt Minus steps thru the
resolutions that the X server is set up to offer.

(Occasionally with some card/monitor combinations a black screen results.
Just click the ctrl-alt combo again to step past the bad combo)

--
John Andersen