[kde-linux] APT problem (updates) Open office ?

Rick cms01 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Sep 21 15:01:05 UTC 2006

my updated icon is there with (8) updates listed,
so, I do the usually thing, and it seems to download the openoffice updates,
then click applied updates, but this goes to quick, then done, BUT......
the icon is still there saying (8) updates, so do it again, SAME thing,
downloads and a very quick install, but the icon does not go away.

How does one fix this please?
(kubuntu knot 3)

Rich

FYI:
Xserver-xorg login screen fix with updates as of today.<grin>
have not tried to reboot: had issues of rebooting and shutting down as well
will test later.