[kde-linux] KDE and Gnome running simultaneously?

Boyan Tabakov blade.alslayer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 10:32:10 UTC 2006

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 10:02:36PM +1200, SnapafunFrank wrote:
> No. I'm running Mandriva10.2 and I have the same 'issue'. Basically you
> wonder at the slow down of the system and it is not until I log off that
> I get to see that Gnome is up and running under KDE ????

Hi,
I am not sure if /etc/sysconfig directory is SuSE specific (I am on a SuSE box here), but see if you have the following file:
/etc/sysconfig/displaymanager
In there should be an option setting your default display manager. Make sure you set this to kdm, rather than gdm as it might be in your case.

--
Blade hails you...

Deep Silent Complete
Black velvet sea