[kde-linux] kmail - receiving mail with sbcglobal yahoo

Bill Wells hammer29 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 20 18:16:25 UTC 2006

As I recall, on my sbcglobal.net account, sending mail does not require
authentication (entering your correct password), only receiving mail requires
the correct password.

My pop and smtp settings are pop.sbcglobal.net and smtp.sbcglobal.net.  I do
not know how old your account is;  or, if you converted to yahoo when they
bugged everyone to convert to prodigy/yahoo.

However, I did not see any sbcglobal.yahoo.com sign in in the drop down menu
for the SBC site.  All the options were the various perturbations
representing buyouts, mergers, and whims of management that scar the history
of the company;  eg.  pacbell.net, prodigy.net, sbcglobal.net, etc.

Hope this helps.

Bill