[kde-linux] kde-linux Digest, Vol 42, Issue 23

Tomek Jarzynka tomeej at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 15:33:05 UTC 2006

On Sunday 17 September 2006 12:00, kde-linux-request at kde.org wrote:
> Re: [kde-linux] KPassivePopup shows no text with custom view widget
> From:
> Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>
>   To:
> kde-linux at kde.org
>   Date:
> Yesterday 16:00:43
>   On Saturday 16 September 2006 15:37, Tomek Jarzynka wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to use the KPassivePopup class, but I ran into a
> > problem when using a custom view widget: text on buttons and
> > labels does not appear.
/snip/
> > and the popup appears, but with blank buttons, blank space instead
> > of label text. Any ideas, anyone? :|
>
> You are not setting any text. Have a look at the API docs, the parameter
> after the parent widget pointer is the QObject name, the displayed text is
> either the first parameter or can be set with setText()
>
> Btw, development questions are better asked on kde-devel, more subscribed
> developers means higher chance of getting an answer

haha, you were right, I wrongfully assumed that the example would cover
actually adding the text and mistook the names for text.

Thanks.

--
tomasz k. jarzynka / 601 706 601 / tomee(a-t)kadu(d-o-t)net

"tree: n. something which stands still for hundreds of years, then leaps out
in front of you as you return from a party."